Welcome to Niche Medical’s Customer Newsletter – March 2013
Bronchial Provocation Protocol for Mannitol and Methacholine now in Easy on-PC and EasyOne Pro
A Bronchial Provocation Protocol for Mannitol and Methacholine is now available in the software for the Easy on-PC and the EasyOne Pro DLCO / LAB System.
Current users of the Easy on-PC and EasyOne Pro can download the latest software with Bronchial Provocation Protocol free of charge from the Manufacturer’s (ndd Medical Technologies) website at the link below.
For information or a quote on the Easy on-PC or EasyOne Pro with Bronchial Provocation Protocol simply email us at email@example.com or telephone us on 1300 136 855.
TSANZ / ANZSRS Joint Masterclass on Exhaled Nitric Oxide – Darwin, March 2013
The TSANZ / ANZSRS Joint Masterclass on Exhaled Nitric Oxide will be held on Sunday 24 March from 08.30am at the TSANZ / ANZSRS ASM’s in Darwin.
0830-1000 TSANZ/ANZSRS Joint Masterclass – Exhaled Nitric Oxide – Waterfront 2/3, Level 2 – Chairs: Jeff Pretto, NSW & Helen Reddel, NSW
0830 THE PHYSIOLOGY OF EXHALED NO – Claude Farah, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, NSW
0900 METHODOLOGY OF EXHALED NO – Jan Cowan, Otago Respiratory Research Unit, NZ
0930 CLINICAL UTILITY AND INTERPRETATION OF NO – Peter Gibson, John Hunter Hospital, NSW
Niche Medical will be launching at the TSANZ / ANZSRS ASM’s in Darwin the NIOX MINO from Aerocrine for the measurement of exhaled Nitric Oxide:
The NIOX MINO features:
- Calibration and Maintenance-free FeNO device.
- All FeNO-values quality assured.
- Validated against the “Gold Standard” chemiluminescence eNO Systems.
- Individualised data management for the Practice and the patient.
- Prepared for direct communication to patient Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
NIOX MINO Visual Incentive.
- Cable (USB) or wireless (Bluetooth) connection to a PC makes it possible to follow the procedure on the PC screen.
1. Sandrini A, Taylor DR, Thomas PS, Yates DH, Fractional exhaled nitric oxide in asthma: an update. Respirology. 2010;15(1): p: 57-70.
2. S Zefler, S.J., H. Mitchell, C.A. Sorkness, P.J. Gergen, G.T. O’Connor, W.J. Morgan, M. Kattan, A. Pongracic, S.J. Teach, G.R. Bloomberg, P.A. Eggleston, R.S. Gruchalla, C.M. Kercsmar, A.H. Liu, J.J. Wildfire, M.D. Curry, and W.W. Busse, Management of asthma based on exhaled nitric oxide in addition to guideline-based treatment for inner-city adolescents and young adults: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet, 2008.372(9643): p. 1065-72.
3. Vahlkvist, S., M. Sinding, K. Skamstrup, and H. Bisgaard, Daily home measurements of exhaled nitric oxide in asthmatic children during natural birch pollen exposure. J Allergy Clin Immunol, 2006. 117(6): p. 1272-6.
Smokerlyzer Trade-in Offer on a new Smokerlyzer
Trade-in your old style Smokerylzer and receive a significant discount on the purchase of a new Smokerlyzer.
To take advantage of this offer simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 1300 136 855.
Get your free Carbon Monoxide Interpretation Poster for use with your Bedfont Smokerlyzer
We are currently giving away Carbon Monoxide Interpretation A3 Posters for use with the Bedfont range of Smokerlyzer Breath CO (Carbon Monoxide) Monitors in Australia.
To order your poster simply email us at email@example.com or telephone our office on 1300 136 855.
What is a Smokerlyzer?
Smokerlyzers are a range of breath CO (Carbon Monoxide) monitors and testers which measure the small amounts of CO in the exhaled breath. The more a person smokes, the higher their CO reading will be. The reading is given in ppm, which is the number of CO molecules in a million parts of air. The ppm reading can also tell you how much CO is in the blood (the %COHb reading). %COHb is the percentage of red blood cells carrying CO instead of oxygen.
The amount of CO in an unborn baby’s blood is referred to as %FCOHb (percentage of foetal carboxyhaemoglobin). Some of the Smokerlyzer range can analyse %FCOHb as an incentive to stop smoking and complies with the new NICE guidelines for smoking in pregnancy.
Why monitor CO?
CO testing is a quick, non-invasive and cost-effective means of validating the smoking status of a significant number of clients. Smoking is the single greatest avoidable risk factor for lung cancer.
Carbon monoxide monitors offer tobacco treatment specialists an independent clinical tool which provides valuable evidence in identifying, educating, assessing and treating tobacco-dependent patients. Monitoring patients’ CO levels helps to work out their level of nicotine dependence: the more they smoke, the higher their reading will be, indicating a higher dependence on nicotine.
There are two Smokerlyzers in the Bedfont range as follows:
Micro+ Smokerlyzer (One CO monitor for all your testing needs -including foetal carboxyhaemoglobin).
piCO & Smokerlyzer (a firm favourite for motivation, validation and education).
GLI (Global Lung Index) now available for EasyOne Spirometer, Easy on-PC and EasyOne Pro
The GLI* (Global Lung Index) predicted normal values are now available for the EasyOne Spirometer, Easy on-PC and the Easy One Pro DLCO / LAB.
To use the Global Lung Index predicted normal values in your device you can download the latest software free of charge from the Manufacturer’s (ndd Medical Technologies) website at the link below.
Please note that these software downloads are exe (executable files) so if you work in a Hospital or a Government agency please make sure you have an IT person available to download and install the software as these type of files require administrator permission.
In the case of the EasyOne Spirometer please note that once you have downloaded and installed the latest EasyWare software you should then connect your EasyOne spirometer to your computer and run the EasyWare software as this will also update the internal software in your EasyOne Spirometer.
For assistance please telephone us on 1300 136 855.
*Multi-ethnic reference values for spirometry for the 3-95-yr age range: the global lung function 2012 equations. Quanjer et al. ERJ December 1, 2012 vol. 40 no. 6 1324-1343.
Paediatric Software Update for Easy on-PC and EasyOne Pro
The Easy on-PC and the EasyOne Pro DLCO / LAB System have new updated software specifically for the testing of paediatric patients.
The new features are as follows:
Paediatric specific improvements:
- Automatically zoom small spirometry curves
- “Birthday cake” children incentive added
- Acceptability criteria simplified for children <8 years of age (End-of-Test Warnings: Abrupt End / Blow Out Longer)
Spirometry screen improved:
- Layout and information presentation improved
- Curves adapt to window size (enlarged flow-volume and volume-time curves)
- Added full screen view of curves and result grid via double click
- Volume-time curve zooming added
New LCI (Lung Clearance Index) predicted normal values (Sylvia Verbanck, Thorax 2012)
Visit us at the TSANZ / ANZSRS ASM’s in Darwin
Visit us at the upcomling TSANZ / ANZSRS ASM’s from 23-27 March in Darwin at Booths 34 and 35.
We will be exhibiting the following products:
NIOX MINO – exhaled Nitric Oxide
EasyOne Pro DLCO / LAB System