New Nasal NO (nNO) application with NIOX VERO®
nNO is a sensitive and specific marker for Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD). Diagnosis of PCD is often delayed or missed completely. One study reported that 70% of patients had over 50 appointments before diagnosis was made.
What is the role of nasal Nitric Oxide (nNO)?
- nNO has been shown to be decreased in patients with PCD.
- Measurement of nNO can assist in the identification of cases of PCD according to ERS guidelines.
- Effective screening of patients with low risk can rule out non PCD cases and avoid further invasive and expensive confirmatory tests, whilst not missing true cases.
NIOX VERO® nNO application provides a non-invasive and cost-efficient way to differentiate patients with PCD from healthy individuals.
NIOX VERO is the only CE marked nNO device with documented clinical data for differentiating patients with PCD from healthy individuals.
1. Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia. Genetics Home Reference, National Library of Medicine.
2. Sommer JU, Schäfer K, Omran H, Olbrich H, Wallmeier J, Blum A, Hörmann K, Stuck BA ENT manifestations in patients with primary ciliary dyskinesia: prevalence and signi cance of otorhinolaryngologic co-morbidities. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2011 Mar; 268(3):383-8.
3. Lucas JS, Barbato A, Collins SA, et al. European Respiratory Society guidelines for the diagnosis of primary ciliary dyskinesia. Eur Respir J 2017; 49: 1601090
4. Circassia clinical study AER-051. Data on le 2017.